Please vote for www.misterconnor.com here: http://educationblogawards.org/vote-here/
Click the "Teacher Blog of the Year" box and then vote. Takes less than a minute.
As Mrs Doyle used to say: "Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on..."
And then: "You will, you will, you will, you will, you will, you will, you will, you will..."
Monday, 28 May 2012
Friday, 25 May 2012
Thursday, 17 May 2012
Example in progress from today's class.
The front room is empty. We’ve not much furniture and I’m sitting on a kitchen chair, kicking my legs off the edge. Mam’s upstairs, talking to another of her “friends”. She seems to have a lot of friends. I can hear the other bairns outside, running around and laughing. I don’t play with them much. I don’t think they like me. At school they avoid me, even when I’m looking at them. I get really angry sometimes and stare right into their faces. I can see them get frightened. On the window sill I can see a bottle. It’s one of dad’s bottles. Empty. He must have finished it last night. I heard him and mam having a fight afterwards. When I got up this morning she had a right shiner. Black and purple, right across her face. She didn’t say anything but I knew.
Sunday, 13 May 2012
Thursday, 10 May 2012
Thursday, 3 May 2012
U These MUST be answered in your own words.
A These MUST include a direct reference to the text. (A quote)
E These MUST include a direct reference to the text. (A quote)
· Quotations should be a maximum of eight words.
· Word choice quotations should be a single word.
· Structure questions need you to highlight: sentence length, punctuation, contrasting ideas
· Word choice questions need you to highlight the connotations of a given word.
· Imagery questions need you to highlight a simile or a metaphor.
· Similes and metaphors must be explained literally AND metaphorically.
COUNT THE MARKS AVAILABLE!
BULLET POINT ANSWERS IF IT HELPS!